Title: Mechanical Reliability Engineer - WS/992
Location: USA - Ohio
Job Status: Permanent
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Open To: US Nationals & US work permit holders
A highly successful and growth-focused top-five U.S. Exploration and Production Company is seeking a Mechanical Reliability Engineer. The position will report to the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor and is responsible for supporting plant viability through the use of knowledge of rotating equipment to troubleshoot and decrease lost opportunities, ensure proper repair of rotating equipment, and specify new and replacement equipment. Applicants are invited with three years' experience in plant maintenance.
The Company is well established with current production in key oil and gas regions in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, Angola, Gabon, Libya and Indonesia, with development activities throughout North America, Western Europe, West and North Africa and Australasia.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor, you will undertake the following tasks:
- Increasing the reliability of plant rotating equipment through equipment evaluation and technical assistance, as needed during repairs, troubleshooting performance issues, identification of bad actors, and initiation of reliability recommendations.
- Support the Mechanical Integrity program by reviewing data from preventative maintenance activities, monitoring those activities for effectiveness and frequency, and reviewing the data developed from the vibration and lube oil analysis programs.
- Design and specification review for new and replacement rotating equipment both for maintenance and on new construction.
- Collaborating with the maintenance-planning group on off-site repair plans, resources and oversight.
- Documenting new equipment in refinery databases, reviewing of current equipment in database.
- Review of proper parts stocking levels for rotating equipment.
- Acting as a refinery area team liaison to communicate reliability issues and needs to the appropriate technical resource while acting as the rotating equipment technical resource for each of the area teams.
- Assisting with initial specification, installation considerations, and commissioning for rotating equipment on projects.
- Development of new reliability programs that drive improvements in refinery availability and reduction of maintenance costs..
- Providing technical support during shutdown/turnaround activities.
- Serve as the contact point for the pump seal improvement program and the corporate rotating equipment specialists.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering essential.
- 3 years of experience with rotating equipment is preferred.
- Can work independently and also be an excellent team player, with the ability to work with all levels within the Company to accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and enthusiastic with a proactive approach to tasks.
Package: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Applications for this job are accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk
To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified. Please detail which location you are interested in your Cover Letter.