Exploration Geologist - Scotland
My client is an international operator, seeking highly experienced Exploration Geologists to join it's office in Aberdeen.
You will be a senior level, proven hydrocarbon finder capable of integrating geological and geophysical data to generate, mature and evaluate economic oil and gas prospects.
Some of your responsibilities may include the following:
· Prepare fully integrated subsurface interpretations to evaluate prospect primary risk parameters of structure presence, structure effectiveness, reservoir presence, reservoir effectiveness and charge
· Interpret technical data over e xisting lease inventory, finalize maps and support data, evaluate risk, prepare recommendations for wildcat well locations or asset rationalization
· Identify and evaluate prospects available through farm-ins/joint venture opportunities, gazettal's, asset sales
· Prepare exploration plans & appropriation requests, monitor drilling wells & conduct post drill reviews
· Propose and manage geoscientific studies with internal and external service providers
· Assist in the preparation of volumetric & economic analyses for prospects & well locations
· Evaluate and recommend geological and seismic data acquisition opportunities, seismic data reprocessing, new technology applications and technical services. Assure the delivery of quality products and services at competitive rates
· Recognise and recommend commercially attractive business opportunities.
· Help high-grade acreage in which to pursue new play concepts within region
· Monitor/evaluate competitor activity
· Present evaluation results to management and joint venture partners
· Build and maintain mutually beneficial technical relationships with other asset teams
· Mentor graduates and less experienced team members.
We're seeking individuals with the following skills and experience:
· Strong technical background in the practical application of geological technologies
· Strong working knowledge of one of the following: Sequence stratigraphy, structural geology, play based exploration
· Working knowledge of well log analysis, petrophysics, risk evaluation, velocity fields, borehole seismic, potential fields, geochemistry, sequence stratigraphy, biostratigraphy and basic reservoir engineering
· Knowledge of portfolio and project management, strategic planning, process analysis
· Position requires strong motivation to pursue and achieve technical excellence and strong written and verbal communication skills
· Willing to take a leadership role in the development & application of new exploration technologies
The company are offering a competitive local standards package with interesting long term incentives. Please feel free to contact me confidentially to discuss this position.
To discuss this position and similar roles please contact Oscar Associates quoting reference SH92051