Development Geologist - Houston, Missouri
Based in Houston, this role is for a Development Geologist who has the ability to formulate and develop advanced geoscience concepts in carrying out assignments. Under minimal supervision, you will be able to apply advanced aspects of professional/technical discipline. You will be able to formulate and develop advanced geoscience, and apply advanced aspects of professional/technical discipline.
You will be responsible for conducting and coordinating with a multi-discipline team, integrating complex geological, geophysical, engineering, and production information to support field development efforts on major projects and r e-developments.
You will have the ability to prepare geoscience maps, cross-sections and analyses of productive and prospective hydrocarbon bearing formations for field development and production. You will support development drilling operations through well and formation evaluation planning and daily monitoring of drilling activities.
•Generating detailed reservoir characterizations by incorporating structure interpretations, cross-sections, well log correlations and structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, which include biostratigraphy, lithostratigraphy, petrophysics, geochemistry, and pressure data.
• Utilise and interpret well, seismic and production data to integrate geology with geophysical and engineering interpretations, developing depletion plans and recommending development plans and opportunities.
• Supervises geological aspects of drilling wells.
• Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics
• A minimum of five years experience in development and/or exploration geology
• Superior knowledge and demonstrable skills and understanding of reservoir engineering, drilling, and production operations
• Deepwater and international experience is preferred
• Technical specialist in reservoir characterization and well log interpretation and analysis
To discuss this position and similar roles please contact Oscar Associates quoting reference SH118527