My client is an independent environmental planning and design consultancy who specialise in the provision of high quality ecology, landscape, archaeology and arboriculture services. Working within sectors including commercial and leisure, education, urban regeneration, energy and infrastructure, this organisation work on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects. Due to a significant increase to the team's core workload, my client is looking for a Senior Landscape Architect to join the team in their Shrewsbury office.
- Are you currently a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or on your pathway to Chartership?
- Do you have extensive professional consultancy experience?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to produce high quality written and design output?
- Do you have experience carrying out landscape visual impact assessments (LVIAs)?
- Are you comfortable working on diverse landscape planning and landscape design projects?
- Are you able to work with a wide range of clients and projects?
- Do you have good knowledge of planning applications and conditions?
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Can you demonstrate excellent CAD based and hand drawing abilities?
- Do you have business development experience and the ability to maintain and development a client base?
Working as a Senior Landscape Architect, your role will include:
- Project managing a wide and varied range of work
- Working within complex multi-disciplinary project teams
- Involvement in bid preparation and fee proposals
- Maintaining strong client relationships as well as developing new business
- Ensuring that all technical contact is correct and of a high standard
- Undertaking landscape surveys and site inspections
- Assisting with other environmental surveys as and when required
- Involvement with mitigation/compensation strategies
- Working on landscape and visual impact assessments, landscape management plans and landscape and visual appraisals
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits package along with ongoing training and progression opportunities.
For more information or for further vacancies within the landscape or ecology sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on 01792 365 002. Alternatively you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYWORDS: landscape architect, consultancy, design, LVIA, impact assessment, CMLI, AutoCAD