£23,000 – £30,000 per annum
Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working alongside an award winning and multi-disciplinary consultancy, who are looking for a Sustainability Engineer to join their experienced and dynamic team in Edinburgh.
With over 60 years’ experience, our client focuses on a number of services including civil and structural engineering, mechanical and electrical design and also energy and environmental engineering. Working in the UK and overseas, our award-winning client are market leading across all sectors of the building industry.
* Excellent communication skills, coupled with a flexible and proactive approach to work and a willingness to share knowledge to thrive in this busy team.
* Ability to confidently attend and lead external design team meetings and workshops, delivering expertise and advice in relation to sustainable building services solutions.
* Ability to calculate energy and CO2savings through sustainable design practices
* Competent IES User – preferably Level 5 Qualified Accredited Energy Assessor.
* Ability to outline Dynamic Simulation Modelling requirements and interpret results
* Knowledge of BREEAM principles.
* The successful candidate will be required to deliver reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount.
* Degree-qualified and ideally working towards chartered engineer status with at least 2 years’ building energy and building services related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
* Delivery of Energy Strategies for new buildings, refurbishments and masterplan developments to achieve compliance with energy and carbon targets.
* Develop environmental strategies and energy solutions for buildings maximising the passive benefits of the architectural solution. Develop sustainable solutions to meet the energy demands of the building.
* Complete SBEM/SAP and EPC calculations
* Delivery of IES thermal models and the output reporting as required including EPC’s and engineering design loads, overheating studies, daylight studies and CFD analysis.
* Compile sustainability strategies/statements for Planning Applications.
* Lead external workshops and design team meetings.
* Carry out surveys of existing facilities and in the preparation of survey reports.
* Delivery of BREEAM/Code for Sustainable Homes and LEED Assessments.
* Deliver internal training and lunchtime seminars.
In return, our client offer a competitive salary, along with a varied workload and excellent training and development opportunities.
Interested? To discuss this position or other roles in the Sustainability sector, then please contact Jack Porter on 01792 356107, or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com and we will be in touch.