£30,000 - £40,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working alongside a leading environmental consultancy in Scotland, who are looking for an experienced Senior EIA Consultant to join their established Glasgow team.
Our client are a market leading environmental consultancy in the Scottish market with a number of offices across the country. With over 20 years' experience successfully helping clients achieve their development and regeneration ambitions, our client as a result of their success have grown to have a permanent team of over 50 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Environmental Impact Assessment projects and will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements:
- Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Reports across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Report.
- Direction and management of specialist sub-consultants and liaison with planners, architects and developers.
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least 5 or more year's proven EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statement/EIA Reports.
- An undergraduate degree in Geography, Planning, Environmental Management or relevant discipline.
- Full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA, MIEMA or PIEMA), Institution of Environmental Science or equivalent (MIEnvSc) or equivalent.
- Successful track record of EIA co-ordination/project management, and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard.
- A thorough understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system.
- Experience of budget and financial control of projects.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
- Excellent client liaison skills.
- Contribution to business development and the ability to help win new EIA projects.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators.
- Full UK driving licence.
On offer is a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
Interested? To discuss this position or other roles in the sector, then please contact Jack Porter on 01792 356107, or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will be in touch.