To provide technical support for the running of all educational programmes operated by College of Amenity Horticulture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage the health and safety of students and support implementation of health and safety policy in the horticultural unit.
- To prepare and conduct skills training in line with approved curriculum.
- To undertake practical skills training, assessment and results feedback to students.
- To assist in the supervision of students on work experience.
- To co-ordinate the operation & running of the college horticultural enterprise and grounds.
- To record the physical records pertaining to students, enterprise and weather data.
- To assist in the organisation and running of College promotion events and activities.
- To participate in the review of Teagasc educational programmes.
- To oversee the purchase and use of sundry horticultural inputs.
- To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
- To fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes fully complying with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive. It will be reviewed with the post-holder from time to time.
- QQI Level 6 or equivalent qualification in horticulture with merit or distinction.
- 3 years' work experience in a relevant horticultural area.
- A Level 7 qualification in horticulture at merit or equivalent GPA.
- 3 years' work experience in the horticultural education sector.
Note: The 'essential' qualifications, knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies outlined above are 'must-have' which will be used in the selection process.
How to Apply:
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed Application Forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted
by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Wednesday, 15th November 2017.
Please quote job reference/title in the subject line of the email.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.