Provide horticulture technical assistance and guidance to support field or laboratory based research, including sampling, measurement, data recording and analysis of experimental information across the horticulture research programme including mushroom research, glasshouse research and field production. There will be direct responsibility for providing research support to the mushroom research facility and shared responsibility for other areas of the departments research programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to support the conduct of field or laboratory based research, including sampling, measurement, data recording and analysis of experimental information using your knowledge of the processes, tools and templates that are deployed in horticultural research and experimental work. A key focus will be managing the mushroom research facility and providing technical support to the mushroom research programme.
- Set up and maintain technical protocols for experiments including equipment use and calibration.
- Supervise and manage all technical aspects of the horticulture research programme in the assigned area of responsibility, demonstrating expertise around research methodologies and the technologies that support them, including the following:
- Collecting and recording trial data according to parameters set in the mushroom research unit.
- Assisting farm staff and other technical staff in accurately recording trial data across the Glasshouse and field vegetable trials area.
- Assisting research staff with the preparation of information for use in publications and reports.
- Participating in the dissemination of research information to students, clients and other stakeholders.
- Candidates must have a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Horticulture or a related discipline, or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in crop production including mushroom production and/or glasshouse production would be a distinct advantage.
- A Level 7 qualification (Horticulture).
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by
email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.