Contract type: Permanent
Location: Région Parisienne 92, FR
Education: Master's Degree
Minimum experience: 15 years
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
To meet the challenges of climate change and the associated evolutions of the energy markets, TotalEnergies is changing, shifting from an oil & gas group to a broad energy company, drawing on the technical skills of its community of engineers and technicians from Exploration & Production, Refining & Chemicals, Marketing & Services and Gas, Renewables & Power. Within TotalEnergies, One Tech is bringing together the technical teams within a single branch with the objective to provide the technical expertise necessary to support the Company's ambitions regarding its projects and operations. Within One Tech, the Customer Line prioritize and coordinate the various activities and the Technical Line provide the technical know-how, expertise and solutions for the various activities.
Within the Electrical & Renewables division in the Technical line, the Technical Manager Wind will lead the "Wind" department. In the field of both onshore and offshore (floating and fixed bottom) wind activities, she/he will manage a team of engineers who will perform the technical design and studies of new business activities and projects under the coordination of the Customer Line, provide technical support to various BU's and current assets of the Company and qualify equipment and vendors and develop the necessary technical standards. Activities cover the full development and operation cycle: assessment of the wind resource and estimate the related yield, recommend WTG and relevant equipment with its related O&M, optimization of the design with the assessment of the integration into the local grid.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Electrical & Renewables in One Tech, the principal responsibilities of the Technical Manager Wind are:
- Manage and supervise a team of engineers who perform technical design and studies and provide solutions to support projects, new business activities and assets in the field of both onshore and offshore wind.
- Manage and develop the relevant competencies and expertise of the wind team within the department Electrical & Renewables for TotalEnergies
- Contribute to developing the roadmap to achieve TotalEnergies' ambition in renewable wind energy.
- Continuous Activity:Develop standards and manage the associated technical specifications;
- Recommend equipment and carry out supplier qualification;
- Ensuring knowledge of the latest "State of the Art" technologies and equipment through know-how of technological disciplines and innovation
- During preliminary studies (prospection, tenders and auctions, M&A) To evaluate the producible wind resource, modelisation and assessment of yield
- Recommend relevant equipment
- In coordination with the local development team, evaluate the integration into the local grid, define connection, cabling, and transmission
- Contribute to the definition of the O&M concepts and develop the related Operating Philosophy
- Challenge where possible the cost and schedule of wind projects; propose new and alternative cost-effective solutions and continuously challenge existing concepts covering all elements
- During development phasePerform development studies and missions at BU or Joint Venture's request
- Recommend key deliverables and choices from TotalEnergies standpoint (WTG selection, project concept, key contracts, construction budgets)
- Contribute to project audits
- During operational phasePerform asset support where needed
- Contribute to developing and supporting remote monitoring tools and platform to support BU in lowering cost and maximizing availability
- MethodsEstablish and animate the "wind" network within Company to capture "best technical practices"
- Development of our Technical standards (referential)
- At least 15 years of Offshore and Onshore Wind experience acquired in studies and in the field
- Experience in turbine equipment and O&M packages with operation management
- Proven international projects experience
- Fluency in English; French language will be an advantage (extensive language training will be provided if necessary).