A successful candidate will be assisting in a research project using GIS, Landsat, remote sensing to map land use/land cover and soil erosion risk in a large area of interior Sarawak.
Area of research/specialization:
Digital mapping for land use/land cover analysis and soil erosion risk.
This position reports to the Dean Research and Development.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed in the Selection Criteria below. Each selection criteria must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
- A BSc (or higher) in relevant discipline
- Interest in conducting research involving digital mapping, land use/land cover and soil erosion risk mapping based on remote sensing data using digital technologies.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate level experience using Arc GIS or similar software
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, follow project methodologies and procedures and communicate in a working academic environment
- Ability to maintain project database, conduct research and deliver research outcomes within deadlines
- Enthusiasm, initiative and self-motivated
- Willingness and ability to travel in remote undeveloped areas of Sarawak to conduct field work.
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia or Iban would be an additional asset.
Applicants should apply via Curtin University Sarawak web site links which can be found here:
Closing date: 15 September 2016