Project Manager Remote Sensingfor Project Design, Bid & Project Management For our Land Monitoring Department, we are looking for a Project Manager with experience in land cover / land use monitoring in the Copernicus domain.GAF AG is a globally operating company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than 200 highly qualified employees we offer geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
Project Manager Remote Sensing for Project Design,
Bid & Project Management
For our Land Monitoring Department, we are looking for a Project Manager with experience in land cover / land use monitoring in the Copernicus domain.
- Acquiring and managing remote sensing & GIS projects in the field of land cover / land use mapping, change detection and GIS
- Ensuring that customer needs are well understood and translated into technical and functional project requirements
- Coordinating all activities related to bidding phases: conceptual design in close coordination with technical experts, elaboration of project work plan and budget, managing an international bid team, contributing to proposal writing, obeying to a typically challenging schedule, meeting the selection criteria
- Managing projects, including planning, team coordination and progress control, documentation of project results, report writing, quality assurance, financial monitoring and mitigation action when necessary
- Regularly reporting and presentation of projects results towards to the client as well as in conferences
- University degree (MSc) in a relevant subject, e.g. Geography, Environmental Sciences, Remote Sensing
- 5+ years of experience in managing remote sensing projects, including time and budget control, risk management and quality assurance
- Ability to steer a team of international project partners and coordinate with clients
- Familiarity with Copernicus services, data and institutions and working experience with European / international organisations (i.e. EC, WB, EEA)
- Good writing skills, previous contributions to proposals and client reports required
- Excellent process management, prioritising and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and technical communication skills
- State-of-the-art knowledge of remote sensing and image processing techniques with focus on land cover and land use mapping, change detection and GIS applications. Knowledge in processing chain design, time series processing, cloud infrastructures and product validation are an advantage
- Self-motivated, independent and responsible work style in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Fluency in English required. German is an additional advantage
- A job in one of Europe’s leading geo-information companies
- Mentoring to ensure your solid and rapid integration into our company and in your area of responsibility
- Own fields of responsibility and the chance to shape your own career
- A wide range of client sectors and project scopes
- An inspiring, informal and collaborative workplace in the centre of Munich
- A highly professional team of motivated, international and interdisciplinary colleagues
- Flexible working hours within the conditions of our flexitime scheme
- Foreign health insurance, direct insurance
- Local recreation and leisure facilities in close proximity
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee/tea, kicker and much more ...
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of your salary expectations (gross) as well as your earliest entry date to email@example.com
. Please use the keyword "Project Manager RS/GIS"
in the header of your e-mail.
Tel.: +49 (0) 89 12 15 28-0
Arnulfstr. 199 - 80634 Munich