GeoVille GmbH is an internationally operating company in the fields of geoinformation and satellite-based earth observation.
We are looking for a self-motivated and team-oriented Senior Expert for the management and scientific support of projects related to operational services for satellite Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems. Specifically, the position will focus on the scientifically and technically sound development of innovative approaches for image processing and geodata analyses as well as the implementation of workflows for international customers.
- Completed higher degree (preferably Ph.D.) in the field of natural or technical science and a minimum of 5 years relevant postgraduate work experience
- In-depth knowledge of satellite remote sensing (optical, SAR), image analysis (e.g. ERDAS), GI technology and applications (ArcGIS, QGIS) and programming (e.g. Python, R, …)
- Professional knowledge of image classification, data analysis and statistical methods for operational applications (time series image analyses is an asset)
- Experience in big data processing and cloud computing advantageous
- Strong interest to work in a project- and team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel (also international), cooperation with international project partners
- Good reporting, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command in English and German
- Full-time employment in Innsbruck, Austria, a renowned alpine location with high quality of life
- Working in a growing high-technology market with international project partners
- Flexible working hours with core times
- Your remuneration is based on your qualifications, professional experience as well as current market conditions. For legal reasons, we point out that the minimum annual gross salary for this post is EUR 45.696.
For more information about our company, please visit www.geoville.com.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to Christina Hirzinger, email@example.com.