www.rayference.eu is a young innovative company involved in research and development activities in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, satellite data processing and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data calibration. Rayference is recruiting a Data Processing Software Engineer to support its Earth Observations activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and use a versatile satellite data processing chain for the generation of demonstration data sets;
- Verification and quality control of the processed data;
- Contribute to the design, development and improvements of scientific algorithms based on radiation transfer and inverse modelling.
- University degree in Engineer, PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 1 - 3 years of proven experience of programming in Python, C/C++, and distributed computing;
- Experience in image processing, Earth Observation data processing and formats such as NetCDF;
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands).
- Experience in GPU programming is a key asset.
- Excellent capabilities to learn new scientific disciplines;
- Solid experience in numerical computing and software engineering;
- Good skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with a large autonomy and a great sense of responsibilities, have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Capabilities to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as radiation transfer theory and inverse modelling represent a decisive advantage;
- Passionate by environmental issues.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, statement of interest related to the position required experience and skills (in English), references, and marks obtained at university to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.