The Industrial Research Chair in Synthetic Aperture Radar at the School of Engineering Science of Simon Fraser University (SFU) is currently advertising 3 PhD studentships (for summer 2017 entry) in SAR/InSAR remote sensing for land and ocean applications. Applicants are required to have, or be about to obtain, a Master degree, or equivalent, in electrical engineering, physics or geophysics. Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Strong academic background (a minimum GPA of A [85%]);
- Passionate research interest and a background in remote sensing;
- Solid programming skills (including C++ and Python);
- Strong scientific writing skills and high motivation to produce publishable results;
- A very good command of English, both spoken and written, i.e. TOEFL IBT (overall score of 88 or better, minimum score of 20 in each of the four components: listening, speaking, writing, reading) or TOEFL PBT (paper based test, minimum score of 570, minimum essay score of 5).
Expression of interest including CV, academic transcript and the names of three references should be sent to Prof. Bernhard Rabus (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 2, 2017.
Further information can be found at http://www.sfu.ca/~btrabus/bernhard_rabus.html