ERDAS Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Director & General Manager
Based: Loughborough Office
The role will hold the responsibility for identifying business opportunities and securing orders within both existing accounts and the wider market.
- Ensure revenue growth to meet assigned budget target numbers, both in order value and associated gross margin.
- Lead the pre-sales activities, providing a consultative approach to sales, business development and account management.
- Assist with post-sales support and consultation (as part of an account management programme), seeking to develop the use of the Sterling-provided capability to generate additional sales and ongoing maintenance renewal.
- Help create a positive market environment for future sales with current and new clients.
- Work with peers at corporate and other regions as well as sales management in the plan, design and implementation of strategic business objectives relating to Geo solutions.
- Develop business plans, forecasts and business capture strategies for specified product lines and industry segments.
- To act as an internal champion for the Geospatial capability within Sterling.
- Represent Sterling and promote our solutions through various industry committees, trade shows, presentations and conferences.
- Actively seek knowledge of industry trends and apply these to the development of the division.
- Leading the sales process for the ERDAS desktop, server and photogrammetric products in the UK.
- Developing a sustainable business revenue stream in line with the Sterling Geo strategy.
- To write or review bids, proposals and quotes as required.
- To maintain all necessary records within the designated customer relationship software.
- Create customer awareness of Sterling's capability and strengths in the appropriate business sectors.
- Identify and acquire intelligence about possible business for Sterling.
- Identify and acquire knowledge about Sterling's competitors.
- Produce reports, statistics and analysis of appropriate business and market sectors as required by the Divisional Head and Company General Manager.
Bachelor's degree in a technical or business related discipline (e.g. Geography, Environmental Science, GIS, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry).
- At least 3 years of experience working within the geo or imaging marketplace a preference.
- Strong background in remote sensing, photogrammetry or GIS.
- A proven track record in sales within the geospatial industry over a period of at least 2 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of both product and service sales.
- Experience of account management.
- A professional, confident and proactive attitude, together with attention to detail and a results-focused approach will ensure success in this role.
- Dealing with clients at all levels, with the ability to understand and translate the client business needs into a valued solution and create long-term relationships.
- Effective market and client development capability including excellent written proposal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Proven sales capability.
- Negotiation skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- High-quality networking skills
- Ability to adapt and learn on the job.
- Ability to work within a team and be self motivated when required.
- Experience of ERDAS IMAGINE or other GIS or Imaging software products would be highly beneficial
- Driving licence and willing to travel when required
Salary: £35,000 per annum + Bonus
To apply please write enclosing a copy of your CV to Kate Millard, H.R. Manager, Sterling Power Group Limited, Utility Management Centre, Mucklow Hill, Halesowen, West Midlands, B62 8DR or alternatively e-mail .
Closing date: Friday, 8 June 2012