Bristol, UK or Denver, USA
TCarta has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge marine mapping products,
geospatial services and consultancy. As a result of several recent project awards, they are expanding
the current team.
They are looking for a GIS Product Developer to join their experienced and motivated team, either in
their Denver office (for candidates eligible for US working), or their Bristol office (for candidates
eligible for UK working). This role is critical to ensuring that TCartas large GIS product database is
delivered effectively to end customers. The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organised,
ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. The GIS Product Developer
will have significant experience in manipulating GIS data for delivery to a wide range of customers
using a variety of methods. Specific experience within the marine sector would be a key advantage.
As a GIS Product Developer you will support the Production Director in creating customised data
delivery solutions from the global TCarta marine GIS database. We are looking for a candidate with a
proven eye for detail and the necessary technical skills and experience to fulfil an integral team role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (or higher level qualification) in GIS or similar;
- A minimum of five years working in GIS database design, implementation and dissemination. Direct experience in the marine sector is advantageous;
- Experience in implementing new data delivery systems and methods, including development of web hosting / streaming / APIs / Amazon Web Services
- Experience in database development, including the technical aspects of data ingestion and processing alongside commercial experience of working with partners to ingest external data sources;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, with software coding skills expected;
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and to tight delivery deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Improving the TCarta GIS database with new content;
- Implementing inclusion of marine data from 3rd party sources (including technical implementation, alongside commercial negotiation with 3rd party suppliers);
- Supporting the Director of Products to implement new data delivery systems and methods, including development of web hosting / streaming / APIs / Amazon Web Services;
- Supporting the Director of Products in understanding new market opportunities;
- Development of new products and services created from the TCarta GIS database, including mobile applications and B2C markets. This will include technical implementation as well as market analysis and market development.
Competitive, and dependent on experience.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
(for UK applications) and to email@example.com (for USA applications), by 28th March 2018.