at the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Geodesy / Institute of Geodesy
40 hours/week, start on March 1st, 2022, starting as university assistant with doctorate
Application deadline: 17.11.2021
Upon agreement on a qualification agreement, the candidate will be appointed as assistant professor. As soon as the qualification agreement has been fulfilled, the position will be converted into a tenured position as associate professor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD or equivalent, Field of study: Satellite geodesy or related areas of earth systems sciences.
- The successful candidate should also possess the following qualifications: The advertised position is to be filled at the institute of geodesy (ifg.tugraz.at) in the working group of theoretical geodesy and satellite geodesy.
- The working groups current focus is satellite gravimetry and the determination of mass transport in the Earth system.
- It is intended to broaden this focus in the context of global Earth system studies.
- The candidate should thus be distinguished in one or more of the following areas: Analysis and interpretation of space geodetic data in Earth system research; Numerical modeling of regional and/or global components of the dynamic system Earth; Processing of data in the general scope of the Global Geodetic Observing System (GGOS).
- Acquisition and execution of interdisciplinary and international research projects.
- Teaching in Bachelor and Master progammes of the department
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate theses.
- Participation in academic self-governance
- Applications with relevant documents (Motivation, CV, list of publications and presentations, research profile) should be submitted, preferably by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org and should quote the position identification number. The interviews are scheduled from January 13th 2022 and 14th January 2022, applicants are asked to keep this period free
- E mail address for receipt of application : email@example.com
- Position identification number: 5220/21/017
- Application deadline 17.11.2021
We offer a minimum annual gross salary based on full time of € 61,205.20, overpayment possible depending on qualification and experience. Graz University of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women, in particular in management and academic staff, and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women if applicants are equally qualified. Graz University of Technology actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel's election procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (Anti-discrimination). People with disabilities and who have the
relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
Graz University of Technology
Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Geodesy
Univ.-Prof. Dipl. Phys. Dr.rer.nat Roland Würschum
8010 Graz, Austria