Application Deadline: 18 Dec 2020
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 1,750 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 100+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
To support our Global Projects team we are offering the following position:
Junior Officer, Global projects, Project Administration (Maternity cover)
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the Global Projects team.
The Junior Officer, will mainly support the administrative management of two multi-country, multi- annual projects, funded through the BMU/International Climate Initiative.
Support in administrative project management (ca. 70%), including:
- Controlling of budgets
- Preparation, and checking of financial project reports of the involved Regional Offices, other partners and/or subcontractors, as well as the World Secretariat as necessary, including payments to partners / sub-contractors
- Contract management (project contracts, sub-grants, cooperation agreements, service contracts, etc.)
- Support to project leaders in other aspects of the administrative management of projects upon need
Support in project acquisition and related processes (ca. 30%), including:
- Support in the coordination of project acquisition processes, keeping an overview on all proposal processes in the World Secretariat
- Support to technical teams in proposal writing, including administrative, contractual and financial matters, completing administrative forms, support the writing of budgets etc.
- Support the writing, editing and finalizing of project proposals and their coordination with partners
- Supporting project management compliance review processes, including taking over certain tasks that may go beyond those listed above
- Upon need, supporting other tasks in the team or extended World Secretariat team.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in project administration, project accounting, management, finance or related field, preferably in an international organization or NGO
- Completed apprenticeship or university degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, Business Management or related fields
- Proficiency in MS Office, email programs
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken German
- Experience with legal documents (e.g. project contracts)
- Interest in international collaboration and sustainability
- Self-motivation, pro-active attitude, good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills and solution oriented approach
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations and under changing priorities
- Well organized, accurate and very attentive to details
- Take ownership of activities and responsibilities
- Assertiveness, reliability and respect of required confidentiality
Terms and conditions:
- The position is available from 1 February 2021 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration is planned until 30 April 2022, with a possibility of extension.
- The Junior Officer, Global Projects will be supervised by the Head, Global Projects
- Probation period: 3 months
- The employment contract will be based on German law
- Annual salary: 30.525 Euros (minimum, full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant's skills and experience
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time), paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
- Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
By email to careers.bonn at iclei.org. Please include "Junior Officer, Global Projects" in the subject line and send us:
- Letter of motivation, recent CV and certificates, merged into one pdf. of up to 5 MB size
- Indication of citizenship; if non-EU, whether applicant is holder of a work permit for Germany
- Indication of possible starting date
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
ICLEI World Secretariat's hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, marital status, socio-economic background or sexual orientation. ICLEI's policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their relevant qualifications and competencies.
Deadline: 18 December 2020
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered. In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content prior to the interview. Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
ICLEI e.V. World Secretariat Careers
53113 Bonn Germany