Aon, reinsurance broker, is looking for a seismologist or earthquake engineer to join the catastrophe modelling team in Prague.
Your main tasks will include:
- The successful candidate will be working on developing, revising and improving probabilistic earthquake risk models for various regions worldwide.
- This includes building hazard and vulnerability components in OpenQuake, model testing and calibration, as well as adapting models according to the specific needs of our (re)insurance clients.
- The main purpose of the models is the quantification of earthquake damage to the property portfolios of insurance companies worldwide.
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- General knowledge of geophysics and seismology and good computational skills are necessary.
- Experience with PSHA, OpenQuake and GIS is a significant advantage.
- The position is suitable for candidates from academia looking for a new challenge or for recent graduates with the relevant skill set.
- Applications are available for candidates with work permit in Czech Republic.
What we can offer:
- Interesting and varied work, a young but experienced team and offices in the centre of Prague.
- The possibility of a part-time contract can be discussed with suitable candidates.
Contact: If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Work location: Prague, CZ