This role is part of Aon Impact Forecasting team, a team of scientists, developers and client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various perils including flood, windstorm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
We are looking for qualified seismologist to join our Impact Forecasting fast growing team in Prague, Czech Republic! The job is also suitable for graduates.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop earthquake catastrophe models for insurance / reinsurance purposes and to manage entire model development projects.
- Develop hazard component, model implementation and testing.
- Coordinate cooperation with external partners, this may include travelling abroad in future.
- Communicate and present intermediate and final results to other Aon departments such as Catastrophe management team, brokers etc.
- Deliver external presentation to clients, at conferences, etc.
- Bring innovation while understanding the requirements as well as the limitations of the practices of the team.
- Be part of the development team and be able to coordinate tasks with other members from different offices worldwide.
- Use our in-house software packages.
To apply for this offer, you should have/be:
- Appropriate educational background in the field of engineering seismology at postgraduate level (PhD would be advantage)
- Technical competences and experience in probabilistic seismic hazard (knowledge of OpenQuake is an advantage).
- Good knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Python, Matlab, R and knowledge of databases (e.g. MS SQL Server).
- Proficient written and spoken English skills. Other languages are also welcome.
- Data management skills and knowledge of GIS.
- Understanding of the insurance / reinsurance business is definitely an advantage as well!
What we offer:
- Exciting and varied role in the global reinsurance and insurance industry
- Gain highly focused expertise with a significant market value
- Continuous international development programme
- Competitive salary and attractive benefit package (including premium private medical care, massages in the office, language courses, ergonomic tables, sick days and many more)
- Modern offices located in Prague city centre
To apply for the position, please send your CV and your motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please note applications are available for candidates with work permit for Czech Republic.