The Volcano and Earthquake Research Laboratory (VERL, https://wenbin16.github.io/) at Central South University (CSU) is seeking talented postdoctoral researchers who will bring expertise in satellite remote sensing and analysis of massive space geodetic data to derive geophysical understanding of earthquake cycle deformation, earthquake sources, volcanic processes, development of InSAR techniques and applications.
VERL collaborates with several research groups with interdisciplinary approaches across CSU and internationally. The selected candidates will have opportunities to visit research partners, attend international conferences.
Qualifications and requirements
- The candidate should have, or expect to have, a Ph.D. degree in a related field with prior research experience stated in the above.
- Experience in processing geodetic data such as InSAR, GRACE and GNSS data.
- Strong mathematical/numerical modeling and inversion skills are essential.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Matlab or equivalent languages are required.
- Experience in writing research proposals and manuscripts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good communication and English skills .
- Creative and self-motivated personality and the capability to learn rapidly.
Salaries and benefits
- Highly competitive salary: 150k - 200k CNY annual (before tax), depends on performance;
- Free housing or settle-in allowance (up to 2 years) 21k CNY annual (after tax);
- Research Start-up Fund: > 20k CNY with high possibility to apply for additional grants
- Health care and social security benefits
- On campus kindergarten and schools for children
- Cover letter including a description of your research experience and interests
- CV including list of publications
- Copy of official academic transcripts
- At least two letters of reference
- The starting date is flexible, please indicate approximate starting date.
- I am also always looking for prospective Ph.D. students and research assistants to work with.
For further details, please contact Prof. Wenbin Xu (firstname.lastname@example.org)