Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Hours: 36 - 40
Salary: Good employment conditions
The Director for Water Development and Sanitation Department, reporting to the Vice President for Agriculture, Human, and Social Development, is responsible for providing leadership and supervising the personnel and work programs of two Divisions: (i) Water Coordination and Partnerships ; and Water Security and Sanitation; as well as the African Water Facility.
The main work objectives are to:
Among other responsibilities, the Director for Water Development and Sanitation Department will:
- Lead the development and review of Bank's policy and strategic work on water development and sanitation to ensure operations which are identified, developed and executed by regional hubs effectively implement the Bank's relevant sector policies and strategies.
- Strengthen Africa's scientific research and innovation capacity in the water sector; as well as develop and disseminate knowledge, and provide technical guidance and expertise to various Bank units and complexes.
- Lead the Department's contribution to the Bank's resource mobilization efforts for pertinent sectors and initiatives by fostering strategic partnerships with multilateral and bilateral organizations and regional organizations for leveraging funding and knowledge.
- Develop and implement innovative financing mechanisms, as well as technical and managerial approaches to promote access to water and sanitation across regional member countries, including through public-private partnerships and improvement of the overall governance of these sectors.
- Host, coordinate and steer the various water development and sanitation improvement initiatives in the Bank and ensure their effectiveness and efficiency for impact.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Abidjan, Water Development Lead, Water Resources Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Director.