Department: Civil Engineering science
Post level: Senior Lecturer
Vacancy: Water Engineering
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, striving towards global excellence and stature. Ranked amongst the top 4% in the QS World Class Universities Ranking and 61st in the QS BRICS World Class Universities Ranking, UJ is recognised as an international university of choice. As a University, we aim to enrich our academic profile, and develop UJ as the pan-African epicentre of critical intellectual inquiry.
The Department of Civil Engineering Science has grown to one of the largest in South Africa and is home to staff that promote excellence in teaching whilst also actively involved in cutting-edge research. The Department maintains strong links with industry and professional associations.
Responsibilities: The appointee is expected to:
- Teach, at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Supervise postgraduate students (Masters and Doctorate).
- Liaise with Industry and attract funding.
- Actively participate in water engineering research groups and drive research activities.
- Conduct own research and attract funding.
- Be involved in community engagement.
- A PhD in Civil Engineering with a specialisation in Water Engineering or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Three years of previous teaching experience
- Registration or eligibility to register with local professional body, Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a PrEng.
- Evidence of teaching excellence and didactic innovation is highly desired.
- Industry experience is desired
- Relevant evidence of discipline advancement and / or community engagement projects.
- Fluent in English, teaching demonstration would be required.
- Evidence of strong industrial participation.
- Evidence of professional development.
- Evidence of relevant research capacity.
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: 1st of July 2017.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING THE JOB CONTENT: Head of Department Dr. M. Ferentinou on 011 559 2149 or at email@example.com
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require technical support/ assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337 / 0861 CAREER or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.