Klohn Crippen Berger is a globally recognised engineering and geoscientific consultancy. Our Australian operations service clients within Australia, Asia and the Pacific, and we are often involved with operations in North and South America run from our local offices in these locations. Our Geosciences group has grown to one of the largest in Australia, with a high-quality client portfolio, and a range of technically diverse and challenging projects. Sustained strong business performance in this group and an increasing share of the market have driven our growth, creating the need for additional hydrogeologists in our Brisbane office.
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Senior Hydrogeologist based in our Brisbane office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our international geoscience practice.
We work predominantly in the mining, oil & gas, and water resource industries across an international project footprint. The roles are varied and include project and client management, general consulting and technical project execution skills. In this role, you will contribute to a large technical team and will have direct access to a highly experienced leadership group. The opportunity to develop your own career in a fast paced and technically challenging environment is very real.
This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to:
- Manage hydrogeology projects and clients and lead the technical inputs for a range of groundwater projects;
- Focus on hydrogeological aspects of projects, with emphasis on geological and hydrogeological interpretation and site conceptualisation, leading to specialised studies;
- Complete groundwater projects including data collection; interpretation; field program planning, interpretation of hydrogeological testing (pumping, slug, packer) results, characterisation of aquifer conditions, and regulatory agency liaison;
- Develop and assist with groundwater data management, hydrogeological logging, reporting, contractor and supplier management and liaison;
- If required, undertake periodic field program supervision including drilling and testing programs, water sampling programs, field mapping, contractor management;
- Collaborate with our team of geochemists and engineers across the organisation in multidisciplinary projects; and,
- Accelerate your career and develop complementing skills in geological modelling and data management within a strong and industry recognised organisation.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Experience in field and design elements of hydrogeology projects.
- Experience working in Mining and/or Oil & Gas environments.
- Drilling (monitoring and production bores) and aquifer testing experience, groundwater sampling and assessment experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Minimum BSc in hydrogeology/geology; applicable postgraduate Hons or MSc an advantage.
- Ability to work in team environments and autonomously in remote locations advantageous.
- Knowledge of mine water management best practice and legislative drivers would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Australian and international regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally in remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and logistical support.
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles, and a commitment to quality management systems.
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Professional accreditation in Hydrogeology will be an asset.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long-term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015, 2016 and 2017).
Join a growing team that is down to earth and up to challenge. If you're interested in growing your career with international, world class projects, please apply on-line at www.klohn.com, reference 1302-D17.
Only applicants who apply directly will be considered for this role.