Job no: 0048584
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science, University of Melbourne
Department/School: School of Earth Sciences
Salary: AUD102,967 - AUD122,268 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% superannuation
About the Role
We are seeking an individual with research interests and expertise primarily in the areas of hydrogeology, geomicrobiology and/or biogeochemistry. The ideal candidate will employ a combination of field, modelling and/or laboratory methods that are relevant to the School's strengths in paleoclimate science, igneous and metamorphic petrology, isotope and environmental geochemistry, sedimentology, paleobiology, geophysics and tectonics. You will undertake independent research, supervise research students, and also teach and administer components of the School's Geology undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Completion of a PhD in geology or a related discipline
- An established track record of high quality publications in leading international journals, relative to career opportunity in the general areas of hydrogeology and geomicrobiology.
- Evidence of the ability to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses on discipline topics including hydrogeology and field geology.
- Evidence of the ability to attract external research funding from national competitive research bodies and other sources, including industry
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills including the ability to project manage and meet deadlines.
To be appointed at Level C you must be able to demonstrate:
- An aptitude for independent research with a strong record of publication, a record of gaining external competitive research grants, commensurate with experience and opportunities, and the ability to develop research links with other departments/groups nationally and/or internationally.
- A track record of success in teaching at university level, the ability to teach large undergraduate classes, and the ability to develop and teach relevant discipline subjects at a graduate level.
- A demonstrated ability to provide national leadership in one or more of the School's strategic research goals.
Applications close: 15 Jul 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
For full position information and to apply online go to: