Principal Hydrogeologist - Sydney & Brisbane, Australia
Parsons Brinckerhoff is at the forefront of the transport, environmental, mining, power and water sectors, with more than 14,000 employees working from over 150 offices in six continents. In Australia Pacific alone we employ over 2,500 specialists in areas including engineering, environmental science and project management to name a few.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is looking to recruit Principal Hydrogeologists to be members of their large leading Groundwater team. We are looking for senior people to be based in Sydney and Brisbane. The philosophy of this and the other teams that form Parsons Brinckerhoff's Australia Pacific water resources business is one of values, teamwork and empowerment to realise high performance and personal growth. The role of the Principal Hydrogeologist will be a combination of high level technical leadership and pragmatic approaches for project and optimal client outcomes.
The initial role would be to;
The core skills and competencies are
- Promote and drive the Parsons Brinckerhoff's values of integrity, respect, teamwork and excellence.
- Work with the team to further develop existing and new clients with a focus on the CSG, coal mining and the water resources market. It would be expected that successful candidates will develop solid technical leadership relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Successfully lead and technically mentor Senior and Professional level staff on existing project work as well as provide technical peer review with projects from other geographies.
- Be engaged in the financial success of the greater water resources team by being commercially aware.
- 20+ year's experience in hydrogeology.
- Demonstrated high level leadership and direction on technical aspects and issues of on projects
- Demonstrated leadership with project scopes and work programs to ensure clients receive the most appropriate technical approaches.
- Ability to coach and mentor both Senior and professional staff in technical aspects of hydrogeology.
- Demonstrated competence in leading key technical expertise for aspects of hydrogeology such as conceptual models, numerical models, hydrogeochemistry and/or geophysics.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the preparation of high level reports, and ensuring the technical aspects undertaken in the project address and exceed the expectations of the clients and the agreed scope.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing the technical components of projects during early phases and reviewing reports to ensure alignment to scope and client expectations.
- Active involvement, a recognised profile and or leadership within industry associations (such as IAH).
- Demonstrated ability to create and grow existing client relationships (both internally within an organisation and externally).
- Proven ability to technically lead large multidisciplinary projects such as combined groundwater-surface water components of large mining or development projects (leading the integration of the surface and groundwater technical modelling components to ensure project issues are adequately addressed).
At Parsons Brinckerhoff you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through training and wellbeing programs. You'll enjoy benefits such as flexible working hours and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
One of our team members will be in the UK over June & July and will be meeting with people to discuss this opportunity.
If you're ready to join a world leading engineering firm with sustainability values, it's time to apply. Please send your resume through to conwayA@pbworld.com