Full time, permanent
Competitive salary and benefits package
email@example.com with a full CV
Rezatec helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. We do this through our unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers
A vacancy exists within Rezatec for a Hydrology modeller to join our Data Science team, based at our head office at the Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire. This new role will include the research and development of models and design of innovative data products within the area of hydrology. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team that identifies and generates scientific methods and models to be applied using EO and other big data sources, and be primarily responsible for water related models and expertise. The role will suit a confident, team-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Harwell office.
A successful individual would become part of an ambitious company, working directly with experts in complementary technical areas, with opportunities to generate new ideas and exciting collaborative projects internationally.
You will work on specific projects focussed on the water sector. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing data products relevant throughout the water management process;
- Applying hydrological and statistical techniques to water resource modelling, such as pipeline leakage risk;
- Modelling the relationship between rainfall, run off, and soil and rock features;
- Studying the effects on flows brought about by changes in land use, such as afforestation or crop irrigation;
- Developing and improving surface water models relating to diffuse pollution;
- Modelling flood risk accounting for factors such as climate forecasts and changing land use
- Assisting in the design and implementation of field trials and data collection methodology;
- Working with EO/GIS experts to relate hydrological models to field and remote sensing measurements;
- Defining data work flows and model algorithms ready for implementation in software.
- Degree educated in relevant scientific area
- Demonstrable experience of building and application over a broad range of hydrology models
- Knowledge of water catchment and network distribution management processes
- Experience with flood simulation tools e.g. Mike Flood
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Someone who can work on their own initiative as well as within a team and can make a contribution into applied techniques and processes
- Understanding of GIS and relevant related tools such as QGIS and ArcGIS
- Flexibility to transfer skills to other topic areas for short periods if required
- Experience of implementing computer models e.g. R, C/C++, Visual Basic etc.
- Post-graduate (MSc/PhD) qualification and/or research experience
- Experience of working with data from satellites, UAVs and meteorological stations
- Understanding of Earth Observation concepts, such as projections, formats and experience of relevant software tools e.g. Erdas Imagine, ENVI