Shannon & Wilson, Inc. is looking for a highly-motivated, diligent, self-driven hydrogeologist to join our Groundwater Group, based in Seattle, Washington. The successful applicant will work on a variety of projects, tasks, and assignments. Candidates should possess experience in the understanding and movement of groundwater and contaminants in unconsolidated soils and bedrock, including experience or substantial course work in soil/geology; contaminant hydrogeology, and groundwater hydraulics. Duties include overseeing the installation of groundwater monitoring and test wells, groundwater sampling, performing pilot-scale infiltration tests, basic data management and evaluation, and report preparation. Candidates should possess a strong technical education and a professional demeanor.
The candidate will assist us in providing the best possible, high quality, state-of-the-practice, engineering and/or environmental services that give value to a wide variety of public and private clients on time and within budget at a reasonable profit for the company.
- Perform hydrogeologic characterization assessments for dewatering, environmental, mining, levee, and water resource projects which will involve field work and travel.
- Perform quantitative analyses and modeling of groundwater systems using standard analytical techniques, and commercial numerical programs.
- Prepare written technical reports, project correspondence, field activity reports, data reports, and work plans for internal and client review.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Follow Shannon & Wilson's Quality Assurance Policy
- Follow and promote Shannon & Wilson's Health & Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position requires:
- BS degree in Geology or Hydrogeology, MS preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in hydrogeology, including aquifer pumping tests, dewatering design and seepage analysis, stormwater infiltration testing, water quality sampling, and water supply system drilling and testing.
- Some formal training and professional experience in groundwater modeling, including the MODFLOW and related suite of codes, and GEO-SLOPE codes.
- Coursework and/or working background in hydrogeology.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills required to effectively interact with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Must be personable, flexible, and easy going.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be willing and able to travel to support the Hydrogeology needs of other Shannon & Wilson offices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and insurable driving record
- This position requires critical thinking and analysis; frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting and carrying 30+ pounds; working in all weather conditions; field visits per project needs; ability to travel to other S&W offices; and ability to drive (or fly) to and from job sites locally and out of state.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To submit your resume please visit http://www.shannonwilson.com/careers/applications. If you have a reasonable accommodation request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org