To investigate the state-of-art diffuse contaminant models for Irish conditions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate pesticide and phosphorus losses to water from agricultural land cover across temporal and spatial scales, building on existing modelling studies.
- Contribute to a national risk assessment tool for assessing risk of pesticide, sediment and phosphorus losses impacting on water quality.
- Interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
- Disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
- Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
- Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in environmental engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in developing and advancing water quality models and decision support tools to simulate the impacts of land use, climate, and human influences on water quality.
How to Apply:
- A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in hydrochemistry/ hydrology would be a distinct advantage.
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 12 midnight on 2nd January 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.