LOCATION HEADQUARTERS: Holtville, Imperial County, California
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for irrigation and water management will conduct a multi-county based extension, education and applied research program with a focus on irrigation, water management, soil salinity, and water quality standards related to irrigated agriculture. The CE advisor will also address high priority and core issues related to limited water supplies in the region. Key clientele will include growers, farm managers, irrigation districts, pest control advisers, commodity groups, conservation/environmental groups, public agencies, and agricultural related businesses.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR's Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/
- Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- Maintain and promote UC ANR CE's credibility and visibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, commodity groups, allied industry groups, policy makers and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
- Evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results, and potential or actual impacts to scientific and lay audiences through a variety of outreach methods.
- Develop collaborative teams with other UC ANR academics, including CE specialists, AES faculty, CE advisors and/or others, to address priority issues for UC ANR.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a master's degree is required though other advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as Water Resources/Sciences, Irrigation, Agricultural Engineering, Soil Science or other closely related discipline. Extension experience and demonstrated excellence in the areas of applied research is desired. Coursework and experience in statistical analysis, experimental design, soil fertility, soil physics, water quality, principals of irrigation and agricultural engineering, and geographic information systems is desired. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/250093.pdf
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 2, 2017 to: email@example.com. Please refer to position AP#16-14. For questions regarding this position please contact LeChé McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org