Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
Assignment period: 01/01/2023 - 07/31/2025
The project is cooperating in its intervention zones intensively with the regional Directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (Direction Régionale de l'Agriculture et d'Élévage (DRAE)) and other regional partners from the public and private sector. The objective is to foster high-quality, user-oriented climate services for the agricultural sector and to assure their dissemination among the target group, the agricultural producers. The regional entities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock are key development partners for promoting adaptation in the agricultural sector at regional level and for coordinating and steering respective donor engagement.
- Capacity building of technicians of the DRAE to provide advice on climate change impacts and context-specific climate change adaptation measures for agricultural producers in the Anosy region
- Facilitate the active involvement of the DRAE/ its steering capacity within the successful implementation of projects on climate resilient agriculture in the region (beyond the GIZ engagement/ projects of other donors)
- Capacity-building for the coordination and the sustainable establishment of the multi-actor-platform on agrometeorological information (products) for agricultural producers in the Anosy region
- Strengthen the technical capacities of the DRAE's monitoring and evaluation unit to better carry out its mandate (Excel training, database management, mapping, etc.)
- Develop tools and methodologies to improve the DRAE's planning internally and externally/ with development actors in the region
- Build capacities on long-term and climate sensitive planning processes at regional level
- University degree in a relevant field of geography, meteorology, climate or environmental sciences, political/legal/social sciences, economics, agricultural sciences with basic knowledge in the field of climate services
- Work experience in development cooperation, preferably in public institutions in Francophone Africa
- Expertise in the field of climate change adaptation in the agricultural sector, climate services, monitoring and evaluation and organisational development
- Experience in the coordination of complex processes
- Good sense of policy and technical advice at all hierarchical levels and high analytical ability as well as proven consulting skills
- Careful and structured work
- Distinct ability to work in a team, strong social and intercultural competences, and resilience
- Business fluent in French; Willingness to acquire basic knowledge of Malagasy; English and German will be an asset
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 10/25/2022.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=62162
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-ID V000050848.