The Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main is one of the largest universities in Germany with around 44,000 students and with about 5,700 employees. Founded in 1914 by Frankfurt citizens and since 2008 once again proud of its foundation status Goethe University possesses a high degree of autonomy, modernity and professional diversity. As a comprehensive university, the Goethe University offers a total of 16 departments on five campuses and 154 degree programs along with an outstanding research reputation. Furthermore the Goethe University is part of the Group of Rhine-Main-Universities (RMU).
starting as soon as possible. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
- Management and operation of a TEM laboratory (TALOS F200X G2) of the NanoGeoscience / Cosmochemistry group as part of the Institut für Geowissenschaften and the Frankfurt Center of Electron Microscopy (FCEM).
- Training, instruction and supervision of students and users of this TEM and comparable instruments at the Institut für Geowissenschaften.
- Participation in research that employs this TEM as a central analytical tool.
Participation in teaching to the extent of at least 2 LVS
- Supervision of theses and administration of student examinations
- Participation in administrative and committee activities
The position also offers the opportunity for independent research.
- A university degree in geosciences, preferably with a focus on mineralogy, geochemistry and/or related disciplines.
- Experience in running a TEM laboratory.
- Experience in the training, instruction and supervision of students and other users of a TEM.
- Knowledge of completing analyses by energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) on a TEM, electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and selected area electron diffraction (SAED).
- a good working environment and a great team
- opportunities for further education and training
- free use of the LandesTicket Hessen (provided the continued availability through the state of Hessen)
- good compatibility of family and career
The Goethe University is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for both men and women alike, and therefore encourages particularly women to apply for the position/s offered. Individuals with severe disability will be prioritized in case of equal aptitiude and ability.
Please send applications and files (curriculum vitae, certificates, publications) by 14.12.2022 to the Managing Director of Institut für Geowissenschaften, Prof. Dr. Gernold Zulauf, Goethe University, Altenhöferallee 1, D-60438 Frankfurt a. M., or by Email to email@example.com.