Salary: from £22,170.75 - £24,767.90 (depending on experience) + generous benefits package
Hours: Full time, 37.5h/week
Locations: Based at Yorkshire & North office, Cleckheaton, although travel nationwide will be required
Contract Type: 6 month fixed-term contract with a view to extension
Closing Date: 5pm on 30th June 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may fill existing vacancies before the closing date, so you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Are you fascinated in the past and looking for a career in commercial archaeology? Do you want to be at the forefront of the development of geophysical survey techniques in the commercial field?
Why Should You Apply?
We are a privately owned archaeological business, part of the RSK Group, a leader in integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services. We provide heritage services to the development and construction sectors in UK and across the world. With four offices in England and one in Scotland, we offer our employees:
- Unique knowledge and expertise. For more than 20 years, Headland has provided not only business-focused archaeology but also people-focused business. We are highly respected within our industry for our achievements in innovation, tailor-made development coaching and training, and our expertise in commercial archaeology.
- Strong pioneering spirit. Our corporate culture is characterised by a healthy appetite for originality and development.
- Stable company with excellent growth. Over the years, we have demonstrated steady, positive economic development and formed successful partnerships.
- Good work environment. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant, professional, and enthusiastic about their work.
- Opportunity to influence. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference.
- Part of RSK group. You will have further opportunities to become involved in nationally and internationally prominent projects with exciting prospects for career development. The group has c.6000 employees and c.105 environmentally lead companies.
Headland are looking to recruit career-minded geophysical supervisors with a view to building our team. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and growing company, with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality archaeological work, which is engaged with a constant stream of exciting archaeological projects.
To join our teams you will need to be prepared to work in all weathers, on various ground conditions, with a dynamic can-do attitude. We work nationwide so working away from the office will be the norm. Weekend working and/or staying away over weekends is likely.
In Headland we are proud of our people. We will support you to your meet your goals and train you in specific archaeological and other skills to feel confident and succeed in your role.
Key skills requirements
Applicants should have relevant experience in the field and commercial experience would be preferred. However, we will consider candidates from outside the archaeology sector if they have appropriate geophysics skill sets.
We expect applicants to meet the criteria below:
- Full driving licence and be able and willing to drive company vehicles in UK
- Previous experience of undertaking geophysical survey and/or interpreting data
- Ability to motivate and help coordinate a small team
- Good technical awareness - ability to solve problems in the field
- An ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment
- Up to date CSCS card (ideally Academically Qualified Person or Professionally Qualified Person) or willingness to acquire one
- Good organisational & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Substantial knowledge of MS Office & English language
A Degree in Archaeology, or in a relevant subject, experience of magnetometer survey, and membership of the CIfA are desirable criteria for the role.
Benefits we offer you:
- Paid subsistence when applicable
- Paid travel time when applicable
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership discount, Holidays and Entertainment)
- Time off in lieu or you will be paid for time worked above standard hours
- Annual discretionary bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Performance-related bonus schemes
- Monthly clothing allowance
- 28 days annual leave, rising based on service length
- 5%-6% employer contribution to pension scheme
- Income Protection Policy, after a year with Headland
- Health support scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice on finance, mental health etc)
- Paid CIfA membership and CSCS card
- Training in various areas e.g. Health & Safety, Technical Services, processing data, assisting in reporting etc.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Extra annual leave purchase scheme
How to apply
You must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to your commencement.
Send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SUPG12. Postal applications will not be accepted. For queries regarding the role, and the trainee programme, email email@example.com.
Headland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
COVID19: We have wide-ranging COVID-19 plans in place and are following all current official guidance on maintaining a safe working environment during COVID19. We are in constant communication with our clients to ensure all staff can continue to work and operate safely while travelling and working on site and/or in the offices. All inductions include a comprehensive COVID19 brief, and all projects have a daily H&S COVID19 update.