Starting date: January 2024 or earlier/later, limited to 3 years, 75 per cent of full-time employment.
The salary conforms to the regulations of pay group 13 TV-L depending on the nature of the assigned tasks as well as the candidate's individual qualifications.
- Implementation of flow and heat transport models in existing numerical platforms
- Efficient representation of seasonal heat storage media and environments including fractured rocks and aquifers
- Integration of measured data by enhanced calibration, inversion and data assimilation techniques
- Cooperation with international partners for joint implementation and practical application
- Co-supervision of students
- Publication of high-quality scientific results
- Master or equivalent degree in a project-related field (e.g. engineering, environmental sciences, geosciences, geophysics, physics)
- Experience in numerical simulation of flow and transport, ideally with multi-physics codes (e.g. Comsol)
- Knowledge of data assimilation, calibration and Bayesian inversion techniques
- Programming skills (e.g. in Python)
- Fluent in English writing and speaking. Knowledge of German is an advantage
- A clear drive to do interdisciplinary theoretical and applied science
The Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg gives priority to applications from severely disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The hosting research team offers excellent conditions for carrying out the work and modelling within a strong international network of partners from industry and academia. Candidates can expect an interdisciplinary, collegial and open-minded working atmosphere. Queries concerning the application process and project-related questions should be directed to the head of the research unit, Prof. Peter Bayer - https://applied.geo.uni-halle.de.
All applications should include:
- Cover letter in English (or German) shortly describing the motivation for the project, research interests and relevant experience
- Complete curriculum vitae including contact details of two referees
- Digital copy of Master's/Bachelor's/Diploma degree certificates
All documents should be submitted as one single pdf file.
Applicants with a degree that was not obtained at a German university must submit a certificate assessment for foreign university qualifications (Statement of Comparability for Foreign Higher Education Qualifications) from the Central Office for Foreign Education (https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education). This can be provided later after being invited for the interview.
Kindly send your application, quoting the reference number 5-8145/23-D to Prof. Peter Bayer (email@example.com). The submission deadline is September 17, 2023. Selected candidates may be invited to an interview already before this deadline. The position is offered with reservation of possible budgetary restrictions. Application portfolios will not be returned, and application costs cannot be reimbursed.