The Isotope Geochemistry Group lead by Prof. Ronny Schoenberg, University of Tübingen, Germany, seeks to fill a 6-year post-doctoral researcher position (100%).
- PhD in Geosciences or a related field
- Analytical experience with MC-ICP-MS (Thermo Neptune or Nu-Plasma) or MC-TIMS.
- Experience with elemental ICP-MS is regarded beneficial, but not conditional
- Scientific experience with radiogenic (Sr-Nd-Pb) and/or heavy stable isotopes (Fe, Zn, Mo, etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with writing and publishing scientific results in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals
- Develop your own research projects with financial support from funding agencies (e.g. the German Research Council - DFG)
- Supervise your own PhD students in funded projects
- Interact with other group members and engage in group activities
- Partaking in the diverse scientific projects of the Isotope Geochemistry Group in Tübingen, (e.g. redox-evolution evolution of Earth's early atmosphere and oceans, elemental and stable isotopic cycling in igneous terrestrial reservoirs) is welcome
- Contribute to teaching
- Contribute to the supervision of BSc and MSc students
What we offer:
- Vibrant international work environment within one of the largest Geoscience Departments in Germany, housed in the new >10'000 m2 science building "Center for Geo-and Environmental Sciences"
- State-of-the-Art clean laboratories and analytical instruments (Thermo NeptunePlus MC-ICP-MS, Thermo iCAP-Qc ICP-MS, Agilent 5800 ICP-OES, Resonetics M-50 excimer laser system)
- Thermo Delta+ Gas-IR-MS for HCNOS measurements; a refurbished MAT 262 TIMS for radiogenic isotope determinations; a Bruker AXS S4 Pioneer XRF for major element analyses
- Instrument maintenance mainly done by technical support staff
- Access to further instruments (e.g. JEOL JXA-8230 electron microprobe, Raman and IR spectroscopy, XRD instruments) is possible within the Center for Geo- and Environmental Sciences.
The position can be filled by April 1st 2024, but a later start is of course possible. Salary and benefits are commensurate with the German employee scale TV-L E13-100%. In case of equal qualification and experience physically challenged applicants are given preference.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV with a list of publications, copies of certificates, contact details of 2 potential referees and a motivation letter for this position including research interests and goals for the next 5 years to the E-Mail address given below. Application reviewing starts on December 1st 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Prof. Dr. R. Schoenberg
Chair of Isotope Geochemistry
University of Tübingen
Phone: +49 7071 29-78903