Civil & Environmental Engineering
Professor and Chair, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Promotes the educational laboratories in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Instructs faculty, staff and students in operation of laboratory equipment for education. Monitors safety in the laboratories. Develops and conducts training sessions, including civil engineering software applications for educational programs.
- Assists student chapters in the development and execution of competitions and other educational projects.
- Develops proposals to use the Civil and Environmental Engineering laboratories and equipment for educational purposes.
- Installs and calibrates new laboratory equipment.
- Assists faculty with the design, set-up and execution of laboratory experiments.
- Instructs and assists faculty, staff and students in the proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Develops procedures and instructions for proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains laboratory equipment, including contacting vendors when repairs are necessary.
- Recommends to the Department Chair new equipment and upgrades of present equipment.
- Monitors safety procedures in the laboratories, including safety procedures for experiments in process, may be requested to sit on NJIT Safety Committee.
- Develops student training sessions for civil engineering software application.
- Assist in open houses and outreach events.
- Teach selected laboratory courses, including but not limited to the following: Mech 237 Strength of Material Laboratory, CE 320A Hydraulics, CE 341A soil Mechanics Laboratory, CE 431 Construction Materials Laboratory.
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate departmental programs and activities.
- Oversees student workers in the laboratories.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or closely-related area and 5-10 years' experience in experimental design and execution required.
- Must possess ability to understand experimental requirements and must be able to make recommendations on goal attainment.
- Computer literacy in major civil engineering software with thorough understanding of data acquisition and the experimental interface required.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3748418