Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Senior Mining Engineer will primarily support the Kings Mountain Lithium project in North Carolina. This will include mining engineering functional support through the various study phases, operational readiness, and the execution phase of the project. The role will transition from the study team to the mining operation at project execution.
This position is part of the lithium resources organization reporting to the Group Mining Engineer (Australia) with supervision of day-to-day activities through the Group Mining Engineer (North America.
The role will be based in our Kings Mountain, North Carolina.
- Deliver mine planning and engineering work to support the evaluation, design and execution of the Kings Mountain Lithium project, including evaluation of environmental assessment and land acquisitions.
- Preparation of budget, capital and operating cost estimates for the Kings Mountain mining operations, and collaborate with other core departments in the development of their operating budgets and capital projects.
- Develop standards and procedures within the mining engineering discipline to allow safe and productive mining on site.
- Evaluate the selection of mining equipment with mine equipment selection and facilitate the implementation of the chosen fleet.
- Work with the mine operations team to define and complete mine engineering projects and tasks to deliver approved mine plans.
- Design blast patterns and supervise the blasting process.
- Liaise with plant personnel, technical services disciplines, consultants and vendors involved in the project.
- Support the preparation of industry compliant reports with mining performance data.
- Monitor the mining performance of the operation against the approved mine plan and corresponding KPIs, and develop continuous improvement initiatives through data diagnostics to promote best in class performance.
- Demonstrated capability with open pit mine design and scheduling software across short and medium term horizons.
- Open pit drill and blast design and operations capability.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply inputs for mine engineering
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with team members geographically separated across multiple time-zones
- Ability to distill complexity and assess technical risk
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different functions, including mining and process operations, technical services, environmental and corporate.
- Ability to build relationships both internal and external to the organization, including with technical experts and vendors.
- Ability to develop and review mine operating and capital cost estimates
- Strong problem solving, analysis and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. or Engineering degree in Mining or related field
- 10+ years of mine engineering and operation’s experience.
- Experience in open pit mining operations and mine planning, with studies experience desirable.
- Experience with mine design and scheduling packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of MSHA regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience evaluating and implementing new mining technologies is beneficial
- Demonstrated team leadership skills desirable.
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcView.
- Multi-commodity experience highly regarded
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.