Location: Abingdon, OXF, GB, OX14 4RW
Halliburton is looking for a technology and business leader to serve as Solution Owner for their Earth Modeling software portfolio. This role reports to the Earth Modeling Domain Owner as part of the Subsurface software development technical business line. The role is based out of the Halliburton-Landmark offices in Abingdon near Oxford, UK, with travel potentially accounting for up to 15% of their time.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- We are looking for a seasoned earth modeler with experience managing internal technology groups and external partner relationships.
- Industry experience applying earth modeling workflows and technologies to real world examples is required.
- Experience in managing product teams in software development & commercialization is a plus but not required.
- In this role the Solution Owner will work with the Domain Owner, executive management, and external stakeholders to help define & manage the solution strategy, roadmap, commercialization model, financial performance, IP portfolio and Lifecycle execution.
- Will also work with the Product Owners when necessary to help manage the scrum teams to define Stories, acceptance criteria, and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
- Will work with the Sales & Marketing organizations to generate go-to-market and sales-strategy materials and will use these to help prepare regional channels for new software releases.
- Will be expected to give external product demos and presentations and build relationships with current and new customers.
- The solution owner will work with the Product Owners and devsecops group to help meet or exceed software delivery milestones using an agile scrum approach.
- Finally, the solution owner is expected to participate in professional societies, produce technical journal articles, and evangelize Halliburton earth modeling in the industry through thought leadership.
- Product Commercialization and the AARRR funnel – (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue).
- Undergraduate degree in the geosciences or equivalent
- Completion of a graduate degree in the geosciences or equivalent is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in oil and gas.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, process/technology management or equivalent
- Familiar in software development methodologies such as agile/scrum preferred
- Familiar with design thinking methodologies or equivalent.
- Proficient with statistical data analysis and geostatistical modeling.
- Proficient within subsurface uncertainty modeling workflows including the assessment of subsurface uncertainty sources and the static-dynamic modeling linkage.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 172017
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.